Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Count of Monte Cristo

I am taking on the book challenge for my ward's book club and am reading the very long but very beautiful(or so I hear) book of The Count of Monte Cristo! Wow, before this year I have hardly read anything and now I am reading this and get this...I'm enjoying it!

I had to blog about such a thing as this and tell you of my experience in the library yesterday. So I had the book on hold so I could go pick it up easier and when I went to pick it up I saw an older copy of the same book for sale for only 50 cents. I had to buy it since I figured it would take me a little longer than 3 weeks to finish. Can you believe that? It was fate and now I am reading a classic I actually like. Now the hard part is to finish it by the end of October in time for book club. Wish me luck:)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm going to wish you loads of luck! I haven't read this book yet but it is one that I would like to read. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Bonnie said...

Thanks Julie:) It is just over a thousand pages so I have my work cut out for me.

Bobby Sue said...

I really need to read this book. I love the movie and have a book of my own that I just need to buckle down and read. You have inspired me!