Thursday, May 19, 2011

Practical Sewing

I have been doing some practical sewing lately. I made a ottoman slip cover for our ottoman and I made a reusable shopping tote as well. My Mom came out for a visit and she was able to pack some fabric that I had purchased when I was first married in hopes to reupholster this ugly car I had. I didn't end up doing it since the car only lasted about 9 months but I just now figured out what to do with the fabric. I have a ton of this fabric so you will be seeing a lot of it.

The lovely shopping bag, it is so durable so it should last a lifetime

The ottoman before, this picture makes it look not so bad but it really was

The after, the fabric is so stiff and hard to iron so it is a little wrinkly

Doesn't it look a million times better and really brings out those nice legs the ottoman has, it also matches the chair in our living room better too.

4 comments:

Julie said...

love the bag, nice work! that is a great basic fabric that can be used in so many ways. Plus you can dress it up with any color. Are you coming to sewing night on friday?

Bobby Sue said...

That bag is awesome! And the cover looks good too. ;0)

Bonnie said...

Thanks:) It really is a good basic fabric. I plan to make some more totes and to make a bench cushion for Clark's toy chest. I'm not coming to sewing night this time but maybe another time.

pennylutz said...

It really does look better. Ican't wait to see it in person