Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Navajo Taco and a Closet

Foodie Moment: I thought I would share this meal idea. I found this on some blog, I don't remember where, but it was for Navajo taco's. Simply buy the big grands biscuits(I buy off brand) and flatten them out thin and fry them and they make great scones. We have done it a couple of times and put left over chili and toppings and it works out great. I usually have cheese and sour cream etc, but we were out so I just put lettuce and some ranch and boy was this tasty.

So since we have moved I have been moving things around here and there to make the most out of our space. We have this small closet that we use for our shoes and we most recently needed to add space to it for some pantry items like potatoes and onions. I noticed that we didn't need all the storage spots for the shoes so I was able to fold them up and sew them together to make them short and leave us with some floor space that we can get to easily. It turned out great and if we ever need them longer again we can just unpick the long stitches. I love having a sewing machine and being able to follow through with these little ideas I come up with every once in a while.

The before picture. Sorry I took it half way through. The one on the right is how long they were and the one on the left is after I sewed it.

After: Much better

I know it doesn't look like much but it is perfect for what we need it for:)

No comments: