Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blessings and a Curse

Well, really we aren't cursed but we do have very bad luck. Our car was in the shop again due to an unexpected run in to a median. Everything is fine now and because of some unexpected Christmas money we aren't really going to be behind financially at all. Thanks to all who were involved in that, we really appreciate you:)

I have to admit the older I get the harder Christmas is for me, but I am learning to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and let the little things go. Presents are becoming less and less important and good quality family time is what I look forward to the most. I am very grateful to the Savior and for his birth and his sacrifice. I often feel like I know better and that I can handle everything but if I just "let go and let God" so to speak then I know things work out and that His timing is so much better than my own. I must learn to enjoy my journey with all its twists, turns, and bumps in the road.

I hope we can remember this season that our blessing are many and our burdens few as long as we have the right point of view. Let us all count our many blessings.

I can't write anything spiritual without thinking of the LDS mission I served in West Virginia so in that spirit let me say let's "keep on keepin' on"

1 comment:

kimi + joe said...

Car troubles are no fun. Glad to hear you're focused and looking forward to celebrating this special time of year with your family!